Please click on the Tabs below for content specific to Air and Ground Transfer as well as other key information regarding President's Club.
Micro Focus hosts economy class round-trip air transportation for you and one (1) guest from your preferred airport of departure to the Honolulu International Airport (HNL). Micro Focus will pay the baggage fees for one (1) bag for the qualifier and one (1) bag for the guest.
BCD Travel Policy & Procedures
- All President's Club travel is required to be booked through BCD Travel Groups Dept. (US). Travel not booked through BCD will not be covered by Micro Focus.
- BCD requires that they work directly with the qualifier in the booking of all airfare (not the qualifier’s guest).
- In order to initiate your travel reservations, you must first fill out the required portions of this site's registration form. It is helpful if you have an electronic copy of you and your guest's current passport so you can upload it to the registration system. Once you have filled out the registration form, BCD's travel team can begin working on your flights.
- Within 72 U.S. business hours of receipt of your completed registration, you will be provided with air itinerary options via email for your flight(s) to Honolulu. You will need to select your preferred itinerary via email. Once you approve, your tickets will be booked immediately. As a result, please be certain of your flight choice.
- Tickets should be purchased at least twenty-one days in advance for intercontinental flights. All travelers should attempt to arrive into the Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
- BCD will do their best to accommodate your flight requests whenever possible. All airline preferences will be attempted, but cannot be guaranteed. Be advised, however, that the company has negotiated with select carriers, and they will book flights at the most economical fares.
- Any fare increases caused by upgrades or changes will be the qualifier’s responsibility.
- Any fees associated with seating assignments will not be covered by Micro Focus and will be at the traveler’s own expense.
- Once tickets have been issued, any changes you make to your itinerary resulting in additional costs will be at your own expense.
- If you are traveling with children (all ages) or with more than one (1) guest, any travel fees associated with them will be at your own expense.
- You may use your frequent flyer number to gain mileage from your flight, but you will be responsible for handling any frequent flyer issues as BCD agents cannot manage independent frequent flyer mileage issues and / or upgrades.
- All exceptions to the President’s Club Air Travel Policy require written approval by the traveler’s L1 VP. Please refer to the Micro Focus Travel Policy for more information.
- Extended Stays: Please do not book any air travel until you have confirmation that your extended stay is confirmed. If you are booking your extended stay on your own and not at the Four Seasons Resort at Ko Olina, please note those details in your registration so BCD can proceed with booking your air.
Passports and Visas
As a state of America, entry to Hawaii is dependent upon the same entry requirements of mainland USA. Australian travellers with a current Australian passport can travel in Hawaii for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa. This can be done under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Time spent in Canada, Mexico, USA or adjacent islands will also count towards the maximum 90 days.
Travellers arriving in Hawaii must be ready to present their passport for inspection upon arrival and must comply with all immigration and customs procedures and directions. Fresh fruit, plants and some seeds including leis are not permitted to enter the country unless they are sealed. Travellers are not permitted to seal and pack these items themselves.
Vaccinations are not required to enter Hawaii unless you will be arriving from an area known to be suffering from epidemics such as yellow fever or cholera.
For more details about International Entry Requirements to Hawaii, click here.
If you are in need of a VISA approval letter, please contact Kelli Anderson.
Transportation from the Honolulu International Airport (HNL) to the Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina has been prearranged for you and your guest. After departing the plane and going through customs (for Intl. travelers), please make your way to your flight's baggage claim area, where an Island Events staff person in a black polo and khakis holding a Micro Focus sign will assist you to your vehicle.
Note: Airport Transfers are provided on the official travel dates only: Arrival - March 1, Departure - March 5 and are only to and from the Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina.
Once you arrive at the Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina, please proceed to the Main Lobby for check-in. Official hotel check-in time is 3:00 pm. Upon check-in, a credit card imprint will be taken for personal expenses. Please note a preauthorization of $150 USD per day will be applied to your credit card as a deposit upon check-in. If there are no incidentals during your stay, the deposit will be credited upon check-out. The hotel accepts most major credit cards.
Once checked in with the hotel, stop by the President's Club Registration and Hospitality Desk (located in the outdoor portion of the Lobby) where you will receive your official registration materials.
The hotel's check-out time is 12:00 noon. For those of you who are departing for the airport on March 5, transportation will be arranged for you. You will receive a departure notice in your hotel room approximately 48 hours prior to your scheduled departure time. This will tell you when and where to meet for your transport back to the Honolulu airport.
Scheduling Your Own Transfers
For those of you who may be arriving outside of the official airport transfer dates, it is recommended that you use Lyft or Uber for transfer to/from the Airport. In the case that you wish to pre-arrange formal transfers, we recommend you use Carey Honolulu. They are a reputable company.
Once an inquiry is made, they will follow up with a confirmation email. You can also reach them by sending an email to:
The standard attire in Honolulu is comfortable and casual with an island flare. You will find yourself most comfortable in resort casual / active sportswear (polo shirts, casual dresses, sports shirts or blouses, walking shoes, etc.). Bathing suits and workout clothes will come in handy if you plan to use the pool, fitness center, spa or explore the beaches in the area. We suggest that you bring sunglasses and a hat or visor to protect yourself from the intense sun.
Nice shorts or pants, polos or button-down shirts
Nice skirts or pants, blouses or a dress
Nice shorts or pants, polos or button-down shirts
Nice skirts or pants, blouses or a dress
Children and Additional Guests
The Micro Focus President’s Club is an exclusive reward for top qualifiers. Micro Focus is pleased to host one qualifier and one guest. All hosted guests must be 18 years or older. If you wish to bring children or additional guests, any additional cost will be at your own expense (air, hotel, meals, and childcare services). Transportation to and from the airport on program dates will be hosted for your guests. Please note, children and additional guests (other than your one hosted guest) are not permitted to attend any scheduled Micro Focus functions or activities.
BCD Travel can book the flights for additional guests and/or children, but you will be required to supply a credit card prior to booking. In addition to the cost of the ticket, there is a transaction charge of $75 (U.S.) per ticket for each child/guest.
The maximum occupancy at the Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina is 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
There are no additional fees for children but there is an additional $100.00 for the third adult per room. All additional guests, including children, are at the qualifiers own expense.
Camp Kohola (Kids Club)
The Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina offers the complimentary Camp Kohola for kids ages 5 - 12. It takes advantage of their expansive grounds and laid-back Hawaiian feel. The supervised program creates memorable and educational experiences in a casual, fun environment, with the hub of activity at the state-of-the-art Camp Kohola centre – complete with a media room, a Creativity Zone and a games room. More details can be found here.
The 808 telephone area code covers the inhabited, developed and uninhabited areas of the Hawaiian Islands out to Midway Island and Wake Island.
March in Hawaii is comfortable. The days are warm and pleasant with slightly cooler evenings and mornings.
- Average High: 78° F / 25.5° C
- Average Low: 64° F / 17.7° C
Hawaii's currency is the U.S. dollar. You'll find a variety of ATM Machines on the Island. Credit cards are widely accepted.
The standard electrical outlets in Hawaii are the same as the rest of the United States. For non-U.S. electrical outlets, please bring an international converter for your personal electronics or grooming products. It is recommended that you purchase a converter prior to traveling to Hawaii. The electricity in Hawaii is 120 V and frequency is 60 Hz.
Hawaii observes Hawaii Standard Time all year - UTC -10
Rental Cars & Hotel Parking
Rental car arrangements can be made directly with the Four Seasons Concierge Team. Parking is Valet only and costs $45 (U.S.) per day. Rental car expenses are not reimbursable.
Employees have insurance coverage under the normal company travel insurance guidelines. Guests traveling with employees do not have coverage under the company policies. If you wish to provide coverage for your guest, BCD Travel recommends Travelex. They insure globally and can be reached at the following U.S.-based telephone number: 402-933-5402. Additional insurance for guests will not be reimbursed.
Our Micro Focus Corporate Global Travel Insurance Policy (CHUBB) will assist with the following scenarios:
- Medical/Dental assistance
- Assistance with lost luggage
- Lost passports
- Lost travel documents
- Safety advisories and identity theft assistance
- Online health support and medical services
In the case of lost luggage, please contact the airline. Flight cancellations or delays due to mechanicals should be handled directly with the airline.
For more information on Business Travel Insurance, please go to: https://microfocusinternational.sharepoint.com/sites/Travel/Pages/business-travel-insurance.aspx
Taxation of President's Club
The annual President’s Club event is a component of our global sales compensation programs. Attendance at the event is considered a non-monetary reward for achievement of specific sales performance criteria. These characteristics of President’s Club differentiate it from normal business travel, and as a result it is considered compensatory to those individuals that attend based on their performance. The value of the trip, including the cost of guest travel, is generally subject to payroll taxes (exceptions may apply in some local jurisdictions, consult with your local payroll team for answers to any questions). The company provides a payroll tax “gross up” payment to President’s Club attendees to offset the cost of the employee’s portion of these payroll taxes.
For U.S. qualifiers, the federal tax withholding gross-up is 25% (this is the standard withholding rate for one-time bonuses). There is no gross-up benefit for state income taxes.
For International qualifiers for whom President’s Club is considered a taxable benefit, tax withholding gross up amounts are determined in accordance with the employee’s local tax jurisdiction requirements.
You and your guest may expense the following travel costs associated with the trip in accordance with the Employee Expense Reimbursement Policy. These expenses are considered "T&E" and will be charged against your cost center. Your manager must approve your Expense Report.
- Transportation to and from your local airport (for you and your guest)
- Airport parking (if needed)
- One checked bag per person (not oversize)
- Meals en route for you and your guest (Note: No Per Diems can be claimed)
- Application for Visa and/or Passport costs (for attendee only) -- Does not include Express or Rush fees
If you wish to alter or extend the travel plans that we are pre-arranging for you, you are at liberty to do so, and we will be happy to assist you with your plans. You will, however, be responsible for any resulting increase in your airline ticket price, additional hotel nights, transfers, etc. Please include extension requests during registration. If you would like to extend your stay at the Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina, we will check availability at the hotel on your behalf. You will be contacted to obtain your credit card information to confirm your extension pending hotel availability.
Please do not book any air travel until you have confirmation that your extended stay is confirmed. If you are booking your extended stay on your own and not at the Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina, please note those details in your registration so BCD can proceed with booking your air.
The negotiated group rate at the Four Seasons Resort at Ko Olina is $635 (includes buffet breakfast for two). This is subject to availability. This rate does not include state and local taxes (14.962% nightly).