Our government’s mission critical applications raise revenue, pay benefits, and facilitate business transactions- and many of the most critical remain mainframe-based.
Mainframe costs are the single highest component of ICT spend in the agencies that use them and making improvements to service delivery through the digital transformation of these mission critical systems is difficult without modernisation.
Given the government faces significant economic pressures and budgetary deficits, significant cost saving measures will continue for the foreseeable future. But program outcomes and delivery expectations will not ease, continuing to squeeze your agency to deliver ‘more with less’.
Inevitably, mainframe costs and use will come under sharper strategic focus over coming years. These are not just ICT issues – directly or indirectly they impact all your agency’s business lines.
Listen to this webinar to learn why modernising mainframe applications:
- Is neither as costly nor as risky as you may have imagined
- Can free up significant Capex and Opex to reinvest where most needed
- Can be achieved without having to take a ‘big-bang’ redevelopment approach
- Will reduce the time required to make business-critical application changes
- Will improve service delivery because the applications are accessible to contemporary, agile apps
- Will reduce the ‘key person’ risk of programmers reaching retirement age
- Will enhance staff satisfaction because of a more contemporary development environment.