As a Vertica technical specialist, you’ll want to attend our half day training session at the Vertica Big Data Conference on March 30.
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Lunch
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM - Training
6:00 PM - 8:00PM - BDC Welcome Reception
Attendance is limited to 20, so be sure to register today!
- A brief introduction to Vertica PDM peculiarities (just to set a common ground)
- ROS container structure
- What is Encoding? and Why Encoding Matters
- Definition of currently available encoding types
- How to measure your encoding footprint in term of both storage and CPU cycles
- How to define “optimal” encoding
- Step-by-step model optimization: We’ll start with a simple model, and measure CPU/disk costs. Then we’ll optimize the model and discuss results in terms of query performance, as well as CPU and disk footprint